Your privacy and security are of paramount importance to us, and we understand how important it is for you. This policy, together with our terms and conditions, is designed to be as clear as possible about how we collect, store and process the data we collect from you when you visit our website, or at any other time you provide us with your personal data. By using our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices set out in this policy.
All customer information provided to us either by using our website or contacting us via other means is collected and stored lawfully and in accordance with the relevant data protection acts.
Unless clearly stated in this policy, we will not disclose, share, lease or sell your personal information to any third party unrelated to us without your prior permission, other than as required by law.
Mainly we require your personal details to fulfil an order, request or customer service issue that you have submitted. This data is essential to us fulfilling your requirement and is collected as part of our on-going business activities.
What information we collect:
Personal information you provide
When you visit and use our website, when you register on our website, buy products or services from our website or contact and make purchases from us by other means and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number and other information about yourself or your business. Personal information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter on the website and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers.
Personal information also includes navigational information or payment information where such information can directly or indirectly identify an individual. Navigational information refers to information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed. This information is used to provide general statistics regarding use of our website.
Payment information for processing payment information from you when you purchase online, including credit card numbers and billing information using third party PCI compliant service providers who will store your details allowing us to credit or debit your account so that we can manage your order accordingly. We cannot view any sensitive card information. If you order over the phone, then your card details will be destroyed as soon as the payment is processed. We do not store or share any debit or credit card information.
What we do with the information that we collect:
We use the information that we gather from you in the following ways:
- Processing your order
- For registration purposes if you open an account.
- Internal accounting and record keeping.
- To improve our products, services and our website performance.
- To contact our customers to review our customer care procedures.
- We may send promotional e-mails about new products, special offers or other information, which we think, you may find interesting, using the e-mail address provided by you. You have the right to opt out of any such communication from us.
- Data collected by cookies on our site for marketing and data-analysis purposes â” see the âCookiesâ section below for further information.
Customer Testimonials and Comments
We post customer testimonials and comments on our Website, which may contain Personal information. We obtain each customerâs consent via email or from our customer survey form prior to posting the customerâs name and testimonial.
Social Media Features
Is the information Ceramic Tile Warehouse receives shared with other parties?
In the small number of cases Ceramic Tile Warehouse does share your personal details, this is to allow us to process your order or request you have made. These third parties are service providers who Ceramic Tile Warehouse work with to provide the service you have requested or consented to. This includes, but isnât limited to service providers who provide services such as:
- Card payment processing
- Delivery and Logistics
- Email service providers
- Customer Service Software Providers
- Finance Providers
- Fraud Prevention & Credit Agencies.
Ceramic Tile Warehouse uses Trustpilot as a data processor to assist with collecting feedback from people who have had a buying or service experience with us.
In the cases described, we ask these 3rd party service providers to maintain a set level of security and care with your personal details. Each service provider only has access to the information they require to perform their functions and are not permitted to use this for any other manner. In these cases, service providers process your data in accordance with this notice, and relevant EU and UK law, such as the General Data Protection Regulations.
What Information can I access?
You are entitled to make a request to Ceramic Tile Warehouse, sometimes known as a âSubject Access Requestâ which allows you to understand what personal details of yours Ceramic Tile Warehouse holds.
Should you wish to make a request, please contact us.
What choices do I have?
As mentioned above, we do require your personal details to complete our primary function, delivering an order to you. You can of course, choose not to share these with us but you may be unable to complete a purchase.
Should you change your mind to instantly opt out of marketing emails, click the Unsubscribe link towards the bottom of any marketing email. You will not be opted out of essential transactional emails, such as emails regarding the status of your order.
Cookies are an essential part of how our website works. Some of these cookies will enable you to transact on the website whilst other cookies enable us to provide you with an improved, personalised web experience.
By using our website, you consent to the use of these cookies.
- Essential cookies â” these are used to make our website function properly and allow you to navigate aground the website properly. Essential cookies remember what products are in your shopping cart, allow you to checkout and purchase the products in your shopping cart and recognise that you have signed into a secure part of the site such as the checkout (meaning that you do not have to sign in again each time).
- Performance cookies â” these collect anonymous information on the pages that you have visited to help us improve user experience. Performance cookies help us understand how people use our website, let us know the most popular pages on our website and inform us of any error message that customers may find on the site. These cookies do not collect any personal information that identifies a specific visitor, all of the data that is collected is combined and therefore completely anonymous.
- Helpful cookies â” these remember choices you have made to help improve your experience of our website. Helpful cookies allow our site to remember choices you make (such as user name, language or the region you are from). Helpful cookies may also be used by more dynamic features on our website such as videos, live chat or other interactive areas.
- Marketing cookies â” used to record how you use our website so that we can improve user experience and measure how customers come to our website to help us improve our marketing. As with other cookies we use, these are completely anonymous and do not pass on any personal information. We use marketing partners to help us improve our website and review our marketing campaigns â” this includes Google Analytics for on-site and marketing performance and AddThis for our social media plug-ins.
Are cookies safe?
Yes â” cookies are harmless text files. They cannot investigate your computer and they do not store any personal information or other material on your computer. You can read more information about cookies on these websites – www.allaboutcookies.org and Wikipedia.
Its important to note that restricting cookies may have an adverse effect on how functional our website will be. Many integral parts of our website rely on cookies for our core functions, so you may find that the website does not work as intended, and therefore you may be unable to place an order. If you are having difficulties placing an order, we can process this over the telephone for you by calling 01276 678845